Posters / Demos
The conference also particularly welcomes the submission of posters and demos. Submissions should consist of a 4 page description that allows us to judge the quality of your presentation. Descriptions will also be published as part of the i-KNOW proceedings.
For each accepted poster, there will be a pin board measuring 118 x 146 cm. We recommend A0 for your poster size, but as long as it fits on the pin board, every other size will be fine too.
For each accepted demo, a desk and power outlets will be provided.
Workshop proposals have to be submitted via EasyChair at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iknowworkshops2014 . Each proposal must consist of a single PDF document written in English, not longer than 3 pages, which contains the following information:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying its goals and motivation.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time. A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
- A brief description (draft outline) of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events and
- A list of (potential) members of the programme committee (at least 50% have to be known and confirmed at the time of the proposal).
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day event.
- Related Workshops and Conferences: Is this the continuation of a workshop series or a new workshop to address an emerging issue? Please provide information about past versions of this workshop and other related workshops (including URLs and submission/acceptance counts, if available).
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizers/chair(s) (name, affiliation, email address, homepage and short (one paragraph) biography of each chair, explaining the chair’s expertise for the workshop including past experience in organizing/facilitating workshops). Preferably a single contact person per submission.
The workshop chairs will engage with ACM or IEEE for publishing the workshop papers in the supplementary proceedings of i-KNOW 2014. This depends on the quality of the accepted workshops.
Workshop attendees must pay the i-KNOW 2014 full conference registration fee.
The conference proceedings of i-KNOW 2014 will be published by ACM ICPS and available in the ACM Digital Library!
Submissions must be original and must not have been submitted for publication elsewhere. Articles should follow the ACM Guidelines for Formatting and must be submitted via the EasyChair online submission system as PDF documents (other formats will not be accepted).
At least one author of a paper must be registered at the full conference fee. Otherwise the paper cannot be published within the proceedings.
The number of papers is limited to 8 pages for full papers and including references and an optional appendix.
For the camera-ready version, please submit a ZIP file containing the final version of the PDF as well as your source files (Microsoft Word or Latex). Please make sure that all fonts are embedded in your PDF file (ACM provides an instruction and a Distiller settings file).