Call for Posters & Demos i-KNOW 2014
14th International Conference on
Knowledge Technologies and Data-driven Business
16-19 September 2014, Graz, Austria
There is a text file you can use for distribution.
Poster & Demonstration Submissions (3-4 pages)
- Submission Deadline: May 26, 2014 – EXTENDED
- Notification of Acceptance: June 16, 2014
- Camera Ready Version: June 25, 2014
Accepted Poster & Demo submissions will be published within the i-KNOW proceedings by ACM ICPS
The informal setting of the Posters & Demonstrations Track encourages presenters and participants to engage in discussions about the presented work. Such discussions can be invaluable inputs for the future work of the presenters, while offering conference participants an effective way to broaden their knowledge of the emerging research trends and to network with other researchers.
Poster and demo submissions should consist of
- a paper of 3-4 pages that describes the work with its contribution to the field
- in addition, if your paper is about a demo, please add a short description of your system design.
Submissions to this track must be in the ACM format (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates)
Important information for Demo presenters
- After the acceptance of your demo please bring your demo to the conference and provide your own device (WIFI connection will be provided).
- There will be a demo shootout consisting of a presentation of maximum 3 minutes live on stage in front of an audience.
Please prepare the demo including your devices and check the WLAN connection if needed before the presentation.After the demo shootout, all demos have an assigned presentation desk in another room where you can show your demo to people within the framework of an exhibition.
Visitors will walk around and vote for their favorite demo.
- After the demo exhibition and the voting are finished, a break followed by an award ceremony for the best demo award will be held.So please be prepared to present your demo live on stage as well as later during the exhibition!
Detailed information can be found here.
Important information for Poster presenters
- When preparing for your poster presentation, please keep in mind that your poster size should not be larger than A0 dimensions so that your poster can fit into the posterwalls.
- Please place your posters at directly at the Alte Universität.
- Please also note that we would like to have your posters up at the conference on Thursday and Friday too. Take your poster from the wall after the event on Wednesday and place it at a wall at the conference on Thursday.
Detailed information and a plan how to get to Alte Universität can be found here.